Thursday 14 March 2013

A Picture of the Enemy


Above is a picture of typical myeloid leukemia cells - apparently thousands can be found in a few samples of blood of a leukemia patient.

The way I understand it (without having the qualification of high school biology), is that these cancer cells are actually mutated white blood cells.  White blood cells are supposed to be our body's defense system; due to reasons yet inconclusive to medical science, the white blood cells in an AML patient have started mutating and are causing damage instead of protecting the host.

In my case, the cancer cells have been found to be extremely aggressive, forming rapidly also in areas outside the bone marrow as detected via the PET scan.

The doctors have responded to this development with appropriate force and fortitude, with a higher dose chemo regime and expedited consolidation plans.

We will cover this also with force and fortitude, in our unwavering prayers.  More than ever before I am convinced that God's Name will be glorified in all of this, and He is working out His purposes, come what may tomorrow or the day after.

We have a God who fights alongside us, and Christ will be praised at the end!

 Psalm 18:30-36
"As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the LORD is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
For who is God, except the LORD? 
And who is a rock, except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places.
He teaches my hands to make war,
So that I can bend a bow of bronze.
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation;
Your right hand has held me up,
Your gentleness has made me great.
You enlarged my path under me,
So my feet did not slip."